Volunteers are an essential and much valued part of our charity and their contribution is vital. They help us to maintain the amazing services we provide and we couldn’t do it without them. They support us in so many ways, including:
- Working alongside staff at our Support and Information Centre
- Serving refreshments on the wards at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
- Working in the RD&E oncology snack bar
- Keeping the FORCE Centre gardens tidy, trimmed and welcoming
- Helping in our award-winning shop
- Taking our services into the community
- Fundraising with one of our local groups in the community
Join our team
We are always keen to hear from anyone wanting to join our dedicated army of volunteers. It all starts with a chat. Our Volunteer Manager Naomi Snook will tell you about the work of the charity, talk you through the volunteering options and explain what checks we need to carry out. We also need to find out a few things about you – why you want to become a volunteer, what you can contribute, your skills and suitability and how much time you can give.
If you like the opportunities we have to offer and we have the right opening available for you to join our team, we get the application process started. FORCE will provide you with training, give you helpful guidelines and you’ll have a full induction process to help you meet the responsibilities of your role. You’ll receive constant support and supervision.
You need to be at least 18 years old and if you have had a close personal experience of cancer, we ask you to wait at least a year before volunteering at our Support Centre or at the hospital. Your time is a valuable donation to us. Please consider becoming a FORCE volunteer.